2009 (Preview)-by Shahla Haeri How to find a hot date in Tehran - join the traffic jam - The Guardian (July 14, 2008) Valentine's Day in Iran - PBS (February 14, 2006) Valentine's Day in Iran - NPR (February 12, 2004) Travail of Sexuality and Love in Modern Iran-By Afsaneh Najmabadi Love: Modern Discourses-By Afsaneh Najmabadi Online Dating Iran’s Dating Revolution - SBS (July 5, 2016) Love, Dating and Marriage in Iran on the Web - Newsweek (June 25, 2016) Iran's regime-approved matchmaking website promotes dating with traditional values - Telegraph (May 11, 2016) Iran matchmaking site: Why is Tehran getting into the online dating business?
- CS Monitor (June 16, 2015) Internet dating website launched by state - BBC (May 28, 2015) Meeting, Mating, and Cheating Online in Iran (Spring 2007)-by Pardis Mahdavi Matchmaking Sites Female Genital Mutilation FGM in Iran Iran - Stop FGM Middle East Virginity Virginity Still a Commodity in Iran - Mianeh (February 4, 2011) There Are No Real Virgins in Tehran - Doublex (July 6, 2009) Recreating virginity in Iran - The Guardian (May 12, 2009) Information on virginity (chastity) tests (UNHCR) Pregnancy The sexual activity during pregnancy among a group of Iranian women-by M Shoja Premarital Sex Poll shows rise in premarital sex in Iran - Y Net (December 31, 2008) Premarital sex on rise as Iranians delay marriage, survey finds - The Guardian (December 29, 2008) Sexual Harrasment & Stalking Sexual harassment lawsuit filed against Voice of America - Politico (April 20, 2010) 'Harassed' Iran student arrested - BBC (June 20, 2008) Spy camera warning for Iran women - BBC (November 24, 2006) Women Stalking in Iran (PDF)-Explores the social and legal issues.
Women's Dress and Islam-by Faegheh Shirazi Hijab and the Iranian women-by Ludmila Yaneva Hijab in post revolutionary Iran (Newspaper Clippings) | America Pro-Hijab Poster Pahlavi Era celebrities comment on the Miniskirt Persian Makeup For going to Coffee shops (Funny Video) Fashion in pre-revolutionary Iran Traditional & historic costumes of Iran More...
Restrictions on women's sports Gender Segregation Iran's leader hits out at segregation of students - The Scotsman (July 7, 2011) Gender segregation in universities - University World News (December 6, 2009) Tehran Opens Controversial Women-Only Park - RFE/RL (May 17, 2008) Iran has "modern plans" for beach segregation - Reuters (April 12, 2007) Women Only on Iranian Holiday Island - Spiegel (February 23, 2007) Debate Sharpens Over Gender Segregation - RFE/RL (November 24, 2006) Beach for women - Virtual Tourist (August 10, 2006) Cosmetic Surgery British porn star ‘charms’ & outrages Iranians on Tehran nose job visit - RT (August 1, 2016) Beauty and Modernity Under the Veil in Iran - Georgetown Journal (June 22, 2016) Nose Jobs, Tummy Tucks and Breast Enhancements Take Off in Iran - NBC News (May 28, 2016) These Persian Girls Are Inciting a National Debate Around Nose Jobs - Vice (December 14, 2015) Plastic surgery in Iran - The Economist (October 24, 2015) The Complicated Beauty of the Persian Nose - Vice (November 24, 2014) TV bans actors with plastic surgery - BBC (June 25, 2014) 'Modelling Iranian style?
(Video)-Shahla Haeri The Veil Unveiled: The Hijab in Modern Culture-by Faegheh Shirazi.
The Veiling Issue in 20th Century Iran in Fashion and Society, Religion, and Government-by Faegheh Shirazi.
- BBC (December 9, 2014) Iran: Divorce parties take off in major cities - BBC (May 20, 2014) The Politics of Marriage in Contemporary Iran (Persian) - UCLA (October 25, 2009) The Politics of Marriage in Contemporary Iran - UCLA (October 23, 2009) Marriage and Divorce Under Iranian Family Law - UT (July 15, 2011) The cost of a divorce in Iran?
Send messages to other chatters, post on the boards, we have many different categories to interest any and everyone and just have a browse around on what other insightful treats await.
- New Statesman (September 25, 2013) Keep your eyes off those legs - The Economist (September 14, 2013) Western promotion of LGBT values a concern?
- RT (September 13, 2013) City of Gold, City of Slaves: Slavery and Indentured Servitude in Dubai - JSS (September 12, 2013) When I Ran Out of Birth Control in Iran - HP (July 29, 2013) Sexy spring: How group sex will liberate Iran, China - Salon (July 28, 2013) Fascinating pictures shed light on the weird and wonderful ways Iranians live behind closed doors - Daily Mail (July 22, 2013) The Subversive Potential of Hermès Scarves Shirin Aliabadi discloses the desires of young Iranian women - Art Mag (July 11, 2013) Cross-dressing?
criminal sentence in Iran sparks outrage, social media campaign - RT (April 25, 2013) Can niqabs and bikinis live side-by-side?
- BBC (March 26, 2013) Lovestruck in Iran - The Economist (February 14, 2013) Even for imams, discussing sex is no longer taboo - The Economist (January 26, 2013) Iran's HIV/Aids sufferers struggle for survival - BBC (December 3, 2012) Iranian film shines spotlight on taboo subject of transsexuals - The Guardian (November 2, 2012) Iran to give permission for spouse-finding websites - The Guardian (September 20, 2012) Maryam Keshavarz: 'In Iran, anything illegal becomes politically subversive' - The Guardian (August 23, 2012) Iran urges baby boom, slashes birth-control programs - AP (July 29, 2012) Iran sets sights on tackling prostitution - BBC (July 26, 2012) Iran's birth control policy sent birthrate tumbling - LA Times (July 22, 2012) 'Go home and lie', court tells lesbian Iranian - Thelocal (June 12, 2012) Viewpoint: Taxi sharing in Iran's 'sexual revolution' - BBC (June 11, 2012) Sex education eliminated from Iran universities - BBC Persian (June 5, 2012) Joumana Haddad: 'Arab women have been brainwashed' - The Independent (June 2, 2012) Getting Naked to Change the World - Spiegel (May 11, 2012) Sexuality in Contemporary Arab Women's Literature - Qantara (May 3, 2012) First-cousin marriages come under scrutiny - The Independent (April 8, 2012) Freedom unveiled: Iranian women strip to slam repression - RT (March 9, 2012) From hijab to skimpy bikini: behind the walled beach - SMH (March 1, 2012) The cost of a divorce in Iran?
- The Guardian (August 9, 2017) New app breaks silence on sexual health in Iran - France24 (April 21, 2017) A glimpse into Iran's underground fashion and style - where modelling is illegal - The Independent (April 6, 2017) Iran cracks down on 'inappropriate' clothes - DW (September 5, 2016) What the Hijab Really Hides - A Woman's Body or Societal Issues?